Share & Business Valuations
The value of a business operating as a going concern depends largely on its future prospects which cannot be calculated with certainty. Judgment is required in a number of areas which gives scope for different valuers to arrive at alternative valuations.
DTE Forensic Accounting has extensive experience valuing a wide range of businesses.
The need for valuations
Our experience of undertaking valuations in a variety of circumstances includes:
- Shareholder disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Expert accounting witness reports
- Matrimonial disputes
- Oppression of minority claims
- Appointment of an independent accountant in accordance with the Articles of Association
- Capital gains tax or inheritance tax valuations involving agreement of the valuation with the Inland Revenue’s Shares Valuation Division
- The independent valuation of non-cash consideration under section 108 or 109 of the Companies Act 1985