Share & Business Valuations
The value of a business operating as a going concern depends largely on its future prospects which cannot be calculated with certainty. Judgment is required in a number of areas which gives scope for different valuers to arrive at alternative valuations.
DTE Forensic Accounting has extensive experience valuing a wide range of businesses.
The need for valuations
Our experience of undertaking valuations in a variety of circumstances includes:
- Shareholder disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Expert accounting witness reports
- Matrimonial disputes
- Oppression of minority claims
- Appointment of an independent accountant in accordance with the Articles of Association
- Capital gains tax or inheritance tax valuations involving agreement of the valuation with the Inland Revenue’s Shares Valuation Division
- The independent valuation of non-cash consideration under section 108 or 109 of the Companies Act 1985
"I have instructed Nick for several years to assist in preparing complex calculations for loss of dependency on earnings and pensions in high value complex personal injury and... Read more
WENDY MAYES - Irwin Mitchell LLPVIEW ALL TESTIMONIALS
Irwin Mitchell LLP
"I have instructed Nick for several years to assist in preparing complex calculations for loss of dependency on earnings and pensions in high value complex personal injury and fatal accident cases in the High Court.
I would highly recommend him and find him to be extremely thorough and very approachable."
Forensic Accounting with DTE
In short forensic accounting is about using accounting skills to investigate possible cases of fraud, shareholder disputes, loss of profit claims, business valuations or... Read blog post