When providing expert accounting evidence where individuals are subject to prosecution for fraud or white collar crime, a proper understanding of the accountancy evidence can have a material impact on the assessment of the strength of the prosecution evidence and the manner in which the defence is conducted.
We offer our team’s extensive experience to provide independent and objective advice to consider:
- If the prosecution accountancy evidence is:
- Consistent with the available evidence and the defendant’s explanations
- Whether the conclusions drawn by the prosecution from the accountancy evidence are sound
- If the accounting evidence provides alternative explanations for the allegations advanced by the prosecution
Our experience includes cases involving:
- Teeming and lading fraud
- Duty evaded on contraband goods (cigarettes, tobacco and alcohol)
- Carousel Fraud
- Theft by employees
- Conspiracy to defraud
- VAT and tax fraud
- ‘Kickback’ fraud
- False accounting
- Wrongful trading
- Money laundering offences
"I have instructed Nick for several years to assist in preparing complex calculations for loss of dependency on earnings and pensions in high value complex personal injury and... Read more
WENDY MAYES - Irwin Mitchell LLPVIEW ALL TESTIMONIALS
Irwin Mitchell LLP
"I have instructed Nick for several years to assist in preparing complex calculations for loss of dependency on earnings and pensions in high value complex personal injury and fatal accident cases in the High Court.
I would highly recommend him and find him to be extremely thorough and very approachable."
Forensic Accounting with DTE
In short forensic accounting is about using accounting skills to investigate possible cases of fraud, shareholder disputes, loss of profit claims, business valuations or... Read blog post