MBOs & MBIs
Our role in any MBO or MBI transaction is to provide advice to either the management team or the private equity firm supporting the transaction. If you are contemplating an MBO or an MBI we have close relationships with the private equity and banking community and our experience of acquiring companies and structuring leveraged transactions is invaluable when trying to complete the transaction and achieve your objectives.
The precise nature of the role will vary in each situation but may include:
- Understanding the aims and objectives of the management team.
- Critique of the business plan and if necessary refocus and polish.
- Matching your business plan with, and introducing you to, the appropriate venture capitalists and debt providers.
- Review offers of finance and negotiate the most advantageous terms.
- Project manage the transaction to coordinate other professional advisors such as lawyers, pensions specialists and tax advisors.
Our objectives are:
- To transact a deal fair to all parties.
- To ensure minimal business interruption throughout the process.
- To complete the transaction in a seamless manner within a prescribed time scale.
"The team at DTE were instrumental in helping us through the minefield that is dealing with the market, as part of a disposal of part of the Business. Their guidance, support and... Read more
Andy Rennison - 3BMVIEW ALL TESTIMONIALS
"The team at DTE were instrumental in helping us through the minefield that is dealing with the market, as part of a disposal of part of the Business. Their guidance, support and professionalism were valued by both the Senior Leadership and the Boards and we are extremely grateful at the way they were able to respond to challenges immediately throughout the process."