MBOs & MBIs
Our role in any MBO or MBI transaction is to provide advice to either the management team or the private equity firm supporting the transaction. If you are contemplating an MBO or an MBI we have close relationships with the private equity and banking community and our experience of acquiring companies and structuring leveraged transactions is invaluable when trying to complete the transaction and achieve your objectives.
The precise nature of the role will vary in each situation but may include:
- Understanding the aims and objectives of the management team.
- Critique of the business plan and if necessary refocus and polish.
- Matching your business plan with, and introducing you to, the appropriate venture capitalists and debt providers.
- Review offers of finance and negotiate the most advantageous terms.
- Project manage the transaction to coordinate other professional advisors such as lawyers, pensions specialists and tax advisors.
Our objectives are:
- To transact a deal fair to all parties.
- To ensure minimal business interruption throughout the process.
- To complete the transaction in a seamless manner within a prescribed time scale.
“DTE Corporate Finance team provided a first-class service in supporting the sale of the business to a US buyer. They…Read More Read More
Arthur Todd - Quat-ChemVIEW ALL TESTIMONIALS
Former General Manager
“DTE Corporate Finance team provided a first-class service in supporting the sale of the business to a US buyer. They bring valuable deal experience, provide a commercial approach, importantly are easy to talk to and don’t blind you with jargon. The team was particularly supportive, and their dealings with the US buyer were “spot on”. They are good listeners, very personable and are always there when you need them whether in person, over the phone or online. Throughout the 12-month period of the deal process, they helped ensure things ran smoothly and together we achieved a great result.”