Great opportunities for career progression
Following recent growth in our tax team we are recruiting a Tax Apprentice who will work as part of the team to deliver high quality tax compliance and advisory work to our clients.
- Prepare personal and corporate tax returns, including the calculation of income tax, capital gains, rental income, and various tax deductions.
- Advise clients of their tax liabilities.
- Communicate with HMRC in relation to clients’ tax affairs.
You will also have opportunities to assist members of the team on enquiries and investigations raised by HMRC which will draw on your skills to analyse and present complex data in an easy-to-understand format.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Possess strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Have an outgoing nature and the confidence to deal directly with clients and colleagues.
- Be well organised, with a strong attention to detail and the ability to manage a varied workload.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
No prior experience of taxation is required as training will be given within the working environment. You will be required to study for professional qualifications in taxation, starting with the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT). Study support and external tutors for the ATT training and exams will be provided by DTE.
What we offer
- Work life balance
- Flexible start times between 8am and 9.15am
- Pension scheme
- Competitive annual leave
- Option to buy/sell up to five working days per year
- Hybrid working
- Regular social events
- Regular CPD seminars
- Career progression opportunities
- Variety of work
- Summer working hours
- Death in service policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bury town centre location
If the opportunities above sound suitable for you, please get in touch via the ‘Apply now’ button with your CV.
DTE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a policy of treating all job applicants equally regardless of (including but not limited to) their race, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, or disability.