Competitive salary, depending on experience
This job is a full-time position based at our Bury office. The main responsibility is to provide a well organised and high quality secretarial, administrative and customer focused service to audit, accounts and tax partners and managers.
- Handling, creating and responding to correspondence including phone calls, emails and letters.
- Drafting dividend paperwork and documents for submission to Companies House.
- Company formations – dealing with the administration when setting up new companies.
- Typing tender documents for partners and managers.
- Scheduling appointments, organising and maintaining diary entries.
- Setting reminders for meetings, appointments and other important tasks.
- Effective liaison with clients and other members of staff.
- Maintaining an up-to-date electronic filing system.
- Displaying continuous efforts to improve efficiencies of secretarial/administrative operations.
- Assisting with absence cover on reception, dealing with incoming and outgoing post and incoming calls as required.
- Any other reasonable duties that may occur in the role from time to time.
The successful candidate will:
Be highly organised and conscientious with attention to detail, a can-do attitude and the ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Highly competent in use of MS Office, including ability to:
- Produce and format letters, reports, and tables on Word.
- Produce and format spreadsheets with the use of formulas on Excel.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively.
- Ability to carry out work under pressure to ensure deadlines are continually met.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, adopting a polite and helpful manner.
- Continuously develop your role by:
- Meeting annual objectives set by yourself and a partner.
- Displaying creativity by considering ways to improve existing job-related practices.
- Undertaking training as required to ensure the effective implementation of technological changes as they arise.
- Willingness to assist other staff with admin/secretarial duties as the need arises.
- Prior use of the following software packages:
- MS PowerPoint production of presentation slides.
- IRIS and IRIS Docs – ability to maintain database and produce accurate reports as required and ability to accurately scan and save post.
What we offer
- Work life balance
- Flexible start times between 8am and 9.15am
- Pension scheme
- Competitive annual leave
- Option to buy/sell up to five working days per year
- Hybrid working
- Regular social events
- Regular CPD seminars
- Career progression opportunities
- Variety of work
- Summer working hours
- Death in service policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bury town centre location
If the opportunities above sound suitable for you, please get in touch via the ‘Apply now’ button with your CV.
DTE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a policy of treating all job applicants equally regardless of (including but not limited to) their race, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation or disability.