Graduate Trainee Accountant
Graduate Trainee Accountant
Great opportunities for career progression
- Number of vacancies: 2
- Region: North West – Bury, United Kingdom
- Application deadline: 15 Jan 2022
- Employment visa sponsorship: No
Your route to becoming a Chartered Accountant at DTE
Successful candidates will enter into a challenging yet rewarding career at DTE, gaining the opportunities and experience to reach their ultimate goals in the accountancy profession.
We have a diverse client portfolio and you will be involved in various types of work, including but not limited to:
- Company Audits, Charity Audits and Pension Scheme Audits
- Accounts Preparation, both for unincorporated and incorporated entities
- Corporation tax computations
- Preparation of management accounts
You will study with our external training provider. Attendance at college is under a fully funded block release scheme.
Why start your career in accountancy with DTE?
- Clear career path with excellent opportunities for progression: We offer a 3-year fully-funded training programme with study support to gain the ACA qualification through an apprenticeship with our external training provider
- Fully funded with study support and competitive salary: On-the-job training from DTE dedicated managers and partners
- Variety of work: Our size means you will be able to get involved in a variety of work. Our work-based training methods will ensure you develop into well-rounded accountants with a knowledge and understanding of key financial matters affecting businesses in the UK
What we offer
- Work life balance
- Flexible start times between 8am and 9.15am
- Pension scheme
- Competitive annual leave
- Option to buy/sell up to five working days per year
- Hybrid working after initial training period in the office
- Regular social events
- Regular CPD seminars
- Career progression opportunities
- Summer working hours
- Death in service policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bury town centre location
Applicants should have a minimum of a 2.1 expected or obtained degree, plus at least B,B,C at A Level or equivalent and a minimum of five GCSE’s at grades A* – C or 4 to 9 (including at least a grade B or 5 in Maths and English Language) or equivalent.
A competency with numbers and an ability to problem-solve are key attributes.
The successful applicants will, however, demonstrate more than just academic success, we are looking for enthusiastic individuals with excellent communication skills and a desire to succeed.
We welcome applicants from any degree discipline, together with career changers.
As part of the audit team, travel to clients’ premises is required and as such, the ideal candidate will hold a valid UK Driving Licence.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please get in touch via the ‘Apply now’ button with your CV and cover letter.
As the first step in our selection process, we will be holding an online assessment. If successful, you will be invited for an interview in February 2023.
Vacancy starts September 2023.