Competitive salary, depending on qualifications and experience
Great opportunities for career progression
We are seeking an Accounts Senior to join our team in Bury. You will deal with a variety of clients and have strong technical ability as well as excellent client-facing skills.
- Prepare accounts from both trial balance, books and records, for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Work with owner managed businesses, as well as subsidiaries of large groups.
- Prepare corporation tax computations for review.
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns.
- Liaise with the manager and the client to carry out assignments.
- Be aware of job budgets.
- Complete assignments for manager and partner review.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified (or nearly qualified)
- Have at least 2-3 years in practice
- Possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Possesses a mixture of audit and non-audit skills.
- Be IT literate, including Microsoft products (Sage and Iris knowledge is an advantage).
- Have some practical knowledge of corporate and personal tax.
- Capable of training junior staff.
- Have the ability to work using your own initiative and to be able to work under pressure from time to time to meet deadlines.
- Hold a full driving licence.
What we offer
- Work life balance
- Flexible start times between 8am and 9.15am
- Pension scheme
- Competitive annual leave
- Option to buy/sell up to five working days per year
- Hybrid working
- Regular social events
- Regular CPD seminars
- Career progression opportunities
- Variety of work
- Summer working hours
- Death in service policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bury town centre location
If the opportunities above sound suitable for you, please get in touch via the ‘Apply now’ button with your CV.
DTE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a policy of treating all job applicants equally regardless of (including but not limited to) their race, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation or disability.