Stay up-to-date with our spring and autumn budget updates, where we’ll provide you with expert analysis and insights on what it all means for you and your finances.
Spring Budget 2023
Chancellor Jeremy Hunt presented the Spring Budget, with a focus on stimulating the economy while balancing economic and political concern. Some tax rate changes were announced by the Chancellor. However, he had to ensure a balance between longer-term economic goals and current concerns about inflation and cost of living.
Some important tax changes to keep in consideration for 2023/24 are:
- Most main tax allowances and reliefs remain unchanged. However, the threshold for additional rate taxpayers is reduced to £125,140.
- Annual allowance for pensions will increase by 50% to £60,000. Plus, the money purchase annual allowance will rise from £4,000 to £10,000.
- The capital gains tax exempt amount is reduced from £12,300 to £6,000 for 2023/24.
- The corporation tax increase announced by Rishi Sunak when he served as the Chancellor pushes the rate to 25%.
- The pensions lifetime allowance is set to be abolished from April 2024, after the lifetime allowance charge is removed from April 2023.
- The dividend allowance is cut from £2,000 to £1,000 for 2023/24.
- Companies investing in new plant and machinery in the three years from 1 April 2023 can claim a first-year allowance of up to 100% of expenditure.
- For Scottish taxpayers, the higher and top rates of tax increase by 1% to 42% and 47%, respectively.
Autumn Statement 2022
The Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s Autumn Statement is here, and it’s got everyone talking. Amidst a European recession and high inflation caused by the pandemic and war in Ukraine, the statement aimed to restore confidence in the UK’s financial position.
Explore the complete list of key announcements by clicking below and stay informed on all the latest updates.
Spring Budget 2022
Against the backdrop of rising inflation rates, the Chancellor announced a series of tax cuts aimed at easing the burden of living costs. To find out more about the latest developments and what they could mean for your finances, delve into our in-depth coverage of the Spring Statement.
View out our budget summary and tax tables below.
Tax Advice Services
- Corporation Tax Compliance & Advice
- Research and Development Tax Relief (R&D)
- Private Clients & High Net Worth Individuals
- The Taxman is coming
- Property Issues & Capital Allowances
- International Tax Issues
- VAT & Customs Duty
- Budget Updates
- Meet The Tax Advice Services Team
"Please convey my thanks to Helen Horrocks for a very professional detailed account of my earnings as always.Once again many thanks for the professional way you have again looked... Read more
JOHN DURMAN - Durman Stearn Civil Engineering Ltd.VIEW ALL TESTIMONIALS
Durman Stearn Civil Engineering Ltd.
"Please convey my thanks to Helen Horrocks for a very professional detailed account of my earnings as always.
Once again many thanks for the professional way you have again looked after my interests with another excellent performance."