Home / News / Blog / Joining a graduate scheme is a great way to begin your accountancy career.
Joining a graduate scheme is a great way to begin your accountancy career.
25 November 2015
What type of student would suit DTE?
Someone who wants
- a more personal approach to their training. Trainees will feel that they are known from day one in the firm, rather than a cog in the system. Our trainees are seen, known and appreciated by our people and clients.
- plenty of opportunity to work with clients. Here at DTE we have a diverse client portfolio and you will be involved in various types of work, including; Company Audits, Accounts preparation and corporation tax computations.
- an opportunity to work within our Corporate Finance team and be involved with ad hoc assignments.
- to work for a very wide range of industries.
What is required?
- Applicants should have a minimum of five GCSE’s at grades A* – C (including at least a grade B in Maths and English Language). Plus at least 280 UCAS points (excluding General Studies) from the top 3 grades and a minimum of a 2.1 expected or obtained degree.
- DTE promote themselves as Accountants and Business Advisers so an interest in general business advice is important. Competency with numbers and an ability to problem solve are key attributes.
- The successful applicants will, however, demonstrate more than just academic success, we are looking for enthusiastic individuals with excellent communication and teamwork skills and a desire to succeed.
- As part of the audit team, travel to clients’ premises is required and, as such, the ideal candidate will hold a valid UK Driving Licence.
When to apply?
As the first step in our selection process, we will be holding an open day in March 2016. If you are interested email your CV to Richard Askey at: – attendance at the open day will be via invitation only.
Closing date 28 February 2016
View other blog posts
DTE Business Advisers Announce Multiple Promotions
We are proud to announce the promotion of four staff members in our accounts and audit team. Lauren Tabbron has…Read More
Employment Allowance – What is it and How Does it...
Employment Allowance may be the most exciting piece of legislation to affect small businesses in recent times. However, it still…Read More
The Power and Pitfalls of Payrolling Benefits in Kind...
To simplify the way that your employees’ benefits, and expenses are taxed, an option to consider for the new tax…Read More