DTE Online Tax Club, December 2020
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Thank you for your time.
This event has ended.
The festive season is upon us once again, and while you are preparing for a special Christmas this year, we hope you remember to save a date in your calendar for our final Tax Club of 2020, which once again will be hosted online on Zoom to ensure safety for all members.
In this session, Rob McCann from The VAT People will return as Alan’s co-speaker. Rob will be speaking about the latest updates in VAT, touching on a few points that accountants and tax practitioners should pay attention to as we approach the deadline for the Brexit extension period on 31 January 2021.
In order to make our session as interactive and relevant for our members as possible, Rob encourages you to send over any questions you might have in advance, or suggest particular topics you would like him to cover about VAT. Please feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try and cover them during the session.
In this session, we will also welcome two guest speakers:
1. Zoe Flude, Tax Consultant at Croner Taxwise, who will be speaking about HMRC Activity and CJRS Compliance Update, which covers:
- Public Accounts committee ‘closing the Tax Gap’
- ‘One too many’ letters
- ‘Eat out to help out‘ scheme compliance
- Air BNB data
- Higher Income Child Benefit Charge – discovery provisions, tax cases.
- Covid grant repayment and penalties
- CJRS compliance update
2. Jason Govindji-Bruce, Director and Employment Law Specialist at NORI HR & Employment Law, who will be discussing the impact of IR35 changes as we have seen so far, including:
- How to identify on and off payroll for individuals
- Implications within HR if they are found to be on-payroll
- How to mitigate risks within HR if they are found to be on-payroll
We hope that you will be able to join us in this final Tax Club of the year. To book your free place, please register using the ‘Book your place’ button above. A unique link to join the session will be sent to you after your registration.