DTE Online Tax Club: April 2021
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Thank you for your time.
This event has ended.
Following the Budget 2021 earlier, there have been a number of updates regarding the future of both personal and business taxes. As we all are following the government’s roadmap out of lockdown, we continue to host DTE’s quarterly Tax Club online at the moment to ensure safety for all members. Please join us in our upcoming session in April:
Date: Wednesday, 7 April 2021
Time: 12.30pm – 2.00pm
In this session, Rob McCann from The VAT People will return as Alan’s co-speaker. Rob will be providing you with a general VAT update covering the past few months since the beginning of the year. As usual if you have any specific questions or would like to suggest particular VAT-related topics you would like Rob to cover, please feel free to send them in advance to email@example.com.
In this session, we will also welcome two guest speakers:
1. Kate Hughes, Accounts & Audit Manager at DTE Bury, who will be speaking about Money laundering and accountants’ responsibilities in reporting suspicious activities, in particular those relating to the new government schemes including BBLS, CJRS and SEISS.and
2. Chris Boothman, Founder and Director at True Broking Ltd., who will be discussing the impact of Covid on the insurance industry, including:
- An overview of insurance and its basic principals
- What areas have been hit the hardest following the impact of Covid, and what other factors have affected this
- What businesses can do to minimize and limit the impact on their premiums
To book your free place, please register using the button above. A unique link to join the session will be sent to you after your registration.
DTE Tax Club is a free lunchtime event designed to provide tax professionals and general accountancy practitioners in the North West with an overview of the latest happenings in the tax world. DTE’s Head of Tax Dispute Resolution, Alan McCann, has hosted the Tax Clubs for over 15 years, building a unique support network for our many regular members.
The Tax Club also counts towards your annual requirement for Structured CPD hours. The event takes place in a relaxed open discussion format, giving attendees the opportunity to get involved in discussion, share knowledge and experiences. Specialist guest speakers also offer an insight into more cutting-edge topics.