Trainee Accountants – Bury Office
Trainee Accountants – Bury Office
Great opportunities for career progression
- Number of vacancies: 2
- Region: North West – Bury Office, United Kingdom
- Application deadline: 31 May 2021
- Employment visa sponsorship: No
About DTE Business Advisers
DTE is one of the largest independent firms of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers in the North West of England, and the largest in Bury. As a well-respected firm with more than 80 years’ heritage, we share an aim of pursuing excellence in everything we do, delivering outstanding service, value and innovation to our clients through partner-led teams and helping clients realise the full potential of their business.
With 2 offices situated in the heart of Bury and Manchester city centre, we support a variety of businesses across the North West and nationwide in different industries and sectors. Our expertise extends to working with owner-managed businesses, small, medium and large-sized companies, business start-ups, and UK subsidiaries of small to large international groups.
DTE is a member of various industry bodies and international/regional business communities, including the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW) and the TIAG Alliance of Independent Accounting and Law Firms, which has more than 110 member firms in over 90 countries. This ensures our clients can also have access to international expertise and support.
Your route to becoming a chartered accountant at DTE
Successful candidates will enter into a challenging and rewarding career at DTE and will gain the opportunities and experience to reach their ultimate goals in the accountancy profession.
We have a diverse client portfolio and you will be involved in various types of work, including but not limited to:
- Company Audits, Charity Audits and Pension Scheme Audits
- Accounts Preparation, both for unincorporated and incorporated entities
- Corporation tax computations
- Preparation of management accounts
You will study with our external training provider. Attendance at college is under a fully funded block release scheme.
Why start your career in accountancy with DTE?
- Clear career path with excellent opportunities for progression: We offer a 3-year fully-funded training programme with study support to gain the ACA qualification.
- Fully funded with study support and competitive salary: On-the-job training from DTE dedicated managers and partners.
- Variety of work: Our size means you will be able to get involved in a variety of work. Our work-based training methods will ensure you develop into well-rounded accountants with a knowledge and understanding of key financial matters affecting businesses in the UK. You will also have opportunities to be involved in various types of work across departments both at our Bury and Manchester office.
- Attractive perks: Funded block day release from work, funded social activities and charity events, as well as company discounts and vouchers.
Applicants should have a minimum of a 2.1 expected or obtained degree, plus at least 280 UCAS points from the top 3 grades (excluding General Studies) and a minimum of five GCSE’s at grades A* – C (including at least a grade B in Maths and English Language) or equivalent.
A competency with numbers and an ability to problem-solve are key attributes.
The successful applicants will, however, demonstrate more than just academic success, we are looking for enthusiastic individuals with excellent communication skills and a desire to succeed.
We welcome applicants from any degree discipline, together with career changers.
As part of the audit team, travel to clients’ premises is required and as such, the ideal candidate will hold a valid UK Driving Licence.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
As the first step in our selection process, we will be holding an online assessment in early June 2021. If successful you will be invited for a virtual interview at a later date.
Vacancy starts in September 2021.